- Specialist degree/ Master degree in Choral Conducting
- Library-research paper (summary, review) on the professional topic 3500-4000 words in length (19-20 pages). A standard research paper format should be used for the paper..
Entrance examinations requirements:
Professionally oriented entrance tests
1. Performing a programme:
1) Performing a programme arranged for piano:
а) Conducting a big work (scene of an opera, oratorio/ cantata movement)
b) Conducting a big work for a mixed choir a cappella, playing (piano) a score for a choir a cappella
2) Work with a choir:
а) Conducting a choral composition to applicant’s choice
b) Conducting a choral composition from the list offered by the department
2. Oral examination:
а) Reading and transposing the scores written by keys: C, F, G
b) Presentation of the library-research paper (summary, review) on the professional topic. Interview with faculty on the topic of the paper.
1. Written test
2. Reading and retelling professionally oriented text (1, 5 pages)
3. Answering text dependent questions, one question for written answer
4. Free conversation with the board on the professional topics
Knowledge of Russian at the Upper-Intermediate level (Test of Russian as a Foreign language. Second Certification level).