- General musical training
- Diploma of complete secondary education (high –school diploma) or diploma from an accredited specialized music institution
- Age: minimum age 18 years
Entrance examinations requirements:
Applicants are required to perform:
One polyphonic piece (Prelude and Fugue by J.S.Bach from The Well-Tempered Clavier or Prelude and Fugue by D. Shostakovich);
Classical Sonata or Concerto (F.J.Haydn, W.A.Mozart, L.van Beethoven), I or II and III movements, or classical variations;
Two technically-demanding Etudes (one for finger technique, one for another kind of technique);
One large-scale piece containing technically-demanding elements (concerto is not recommended).
1. Written test
2. Writing a summary of the text read aloud
3. Reading and retelling a text
4. Presenting a short report on one of the conversational topics
5. Brief conversation with the teacher on one of the everyday topics
Knowledge of Russian at the Intermediate level (Test of Russian as a Foreign language. First Certification level).