Committee of Culture of Saint-Petersburg
Saint-Petersburg State Conservatory named after N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov
Irina Bogacheva Foundation «Art-Petersburg»
THE NINTH INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION OF SINGING AND PIANO DUETS “THREE CENTURIES OF CLASSIC ROMANCE”
June 25 - July 2, 2018
GRAND OPENING, JUNE 25
Academic Capella (Moika River embankment, 20)
Starting at 19.00
ROUND I, JUNE 26, 27
Saint-Petersburg Conservatory (Glinka street 2)
Starting at 12.00
ROUND II, JUNE 29, 30
Small Philharmonic Hall (Nevsky prospect, 30)
Starting at 12.00
ROUND III, JULY 2
Academic Capella (Moika River embankment, 20)
Starting at 18.00
Chairman of the Jury
Vladimir CHERNOV (Russia)
Members of the Jury
Project managers and concept creators
Elena GAUDASINSKAYA - Director
Irina SHARAPOVA - Artistic Director
ADMINISTRATION OF THE COMPETITION
Alexander KLIMENKO - Executive Director
Phone / fax: +7 (812) 571-55-74
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. The competition is open for formed ensembles of singers and pianists up to 32 years of age graduates or students of high level musical institutions.
2. The competition consists of two eliminatory rounds and one final round. All rounds are open to public; the order of performance will be determined by drawing lot and will be kept until the end of the competition.
3. Applications must be send by e-mail no later than June 01, 2018 to the following address
List of required documentation to be presented by singer and pianist
- Competition application form
- Scanned copy of front page of applicants’ passport
- Scanned copy of Diploma for graduates or official confirmation of studying for students
- A studio color portrait photograph close shot of each member of duet separately, size not less than 500 Kb
- Curriculum Vitae must contain
- Name and surname, titles and posts of teachers of main studies and chamber music
- Laureates and diplomas of honor of competitions if any
- Current occupation
4. Incomplete incorrectly filled or sent after the closing date application forms will not be considered.
5. Those accepted as participants of the competition will be sent an invitation no later than June 1, 2018 to their e-mail address.
6. Entry fee of 2000 rubles for each member of the duet (e.g. 4000 rubles in total) to be paid upon arrival to the competition prior to drawing
- THE COMPETITION PROCEDURE
1. The order of performance will be determined by drawing lot and will be kept until the end of competition.
2. No more than one half of the total number of the participants of the first round will be allowed to the second round
3. No more than 16 participants will be let on to the Third and Final round. The Jury will decide upon the final distribution of prizes on their conclusive session
4. The Jury has the right to reduce or interrupt a performance which exceeds the agreed time limit or in case of an obvious result of the performance upon unanimous decision of the Jury
5. The decision of the Jury is final and will not be modified.
6. The winners and the holders of diplomas of Honor of the competition must take part in two to three concerts at the closing of the competition
7. Administration of the competition reserves the right to broadcast the final concerts on radio and television and to record them on audio and video tapes and CDs and to distribute them without obligations of reimbursing the costs to the participants of the competition. The direction reserves the right to sign additional contracts with other companies in order to distribute the above mentioned material of the competition.
Administration of the competition offers rehearsing rooms and 15 minutes rehearsals at the Hall where will pass auditions for every participant.
- PRIZES AND DIPLOMAS OF HONOR
Two first prizes amounting to 80 000 rubles each and laureate’s diploma
Two second prizes amounting to 60 000 rubles each and laureate’s diploma
Two third prizes amounting to 40 000 rubles each and laureate’s diploma
Four diplomas and prizes of 10 000 rubles each
The Jury has the rights to distribute a limited number of prizes, divide prizes among laureates
Governmental and social organizations, art unions, mass media, funds and private firms may establish special prizes upon agreement with the Jury
- FINANCIAL AMENDMENTS
1. Administration of the competition offers housing and takes charges of the expenses of the participants from the beginning of the second round to the end of the competition.
- The expenses on housing of the participants of the second round not accepted to the third round will be reimbursed until 12am of the day following the day of the announcement of the results of the second round.
- The housing of the participants of the third round will be reimbursed by the administration of the competition up to 12am of the day following the day of the official closing of the competition
2. Administration of the competition will reimburse the travel expenses for the participants of the competition accepted to the second round (Amount paid up to 15 000 rubles)
3. Participants from abroad must pay themselves for their passports and visas. The official letter of invitation to the competition needed for visa application will be sent by the administration of the competition not later than June 1, 2018.
- PROGRAM OF THE COMPETITION
The participants of the competition must choose one work from every position of the list below. The singers must perform all works from memory.
1. A romance by Glinka*, Dargomyzhsky* or an early Russian composer (for ex. Alyabyev, Guriliov, Varlamov)
2. A German Lied (by Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, H.Wolf)
3. A romance by a French 19th century composer (Gounod, Bizet, Saint-Saens, Faure, Chausson, Duparc etc.)
4. A romance by an Italian 19th century composer (Verdi, Bellini, Donizetti, Rossini etc.)
1. A song by Haydn, Mozart or Beethoven
2. A romance by a Russian composer (Rimsky-Korsakov, Musorgsky, Balakirev, Сui*, Borodin)
3. A romance by a French Impressionist (Debussy, Ravel, Poulenc)
4. A romance by Mahler, R. Strauss, Berg, Schoenberg
1. A romance by Tchaikovsky*
2. A romance by Taneev, Rakhmaninov, Medtner*
3. A romance of a national composer (Spanish, Italian, Czech, Polish, Hungarian, Scandinavian etc.)
4. A work from the participants' country of origin, composed after 1950s
* The works of these composers written in French, German or Italian languages, and having Russian traditional variant of the text can be performed as in Russian, and on a original language.
- All works are to be performed in the original language.
- Works performed must be performed once and cannot be repeated in other rounds
- Changes in program are allowed in exceptional cases only upon agreement with the Chairman of the Jury of the competition.